WELCOME TO THIS MADE IN PALO ALTO SEO BLOG!
Let us look at some essential search engine optimization concepts which GENERALLY apply to all data centers, all search engine algorithm changes ** and provide lasting results:
1) The time that a visitor spends on your pages is vital. Everything that you do should push towards LONGER average user visits. Aim for at least 4 minutes for a new user and do so by using good navigation, nice design and showing LOVE for your content. Of all the proposed steps the only one that REALLY matters is PROVING to your reading audience (robots and humans) that your site is an AUTHORITY on the given topic you have chosen.
2) Your site MUST propose ORIGINAL and quality content. The VOLUME / content must EXPAND on a weekly basis over years. Make sure to have at least 400 words (per post or new page) which aim to become an authority on the given topic and/or keywords you are aiming to rank organically.
4) If you wish to index well a blog make sure to have a working sitemap. And robot.txt commands.
6) Learn how Google discovers, crawls, and serves web pages And this PDF (Also by Google). Further reading on: searchenginewatch.com
9) Create a folder structure of AT MOST 2 deep. Example> HOME DIRECTORY content would go to a folder called /Topic/Date/page.html
10) Think of your website or blog as a CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS and never stop adding content. A good site will have at least 20 pages BEFORE IT GOES LIVE. THIS VOLUME will give Google trust in what you produce in the future. If you plan to have a blog DO NOT PUT IT ONLINE TILL YOU HAVE WRITTEN GOOD CONTENT TO FILL AT LEAST 20 POSTS. Add each post ONE PER DAY. Once these are added KEEP TO A WEEKLY posting routine.
11) When you search on Google.com to see if you rank in the top ten DO NOT AT ANY TIME CLICK ON YOUR OWN links. Just see what the result is showing. This is espcially important if you choose to do your search with a proxy and without cookies. (Naturally if you click on your own link from time to time it is not a problem – this applies to people who would click 5 or more times per day on their own links).
12) Get ready to be an authority on your subject and POST ABOUT YOUR WORK and passion, or about your niche market product ON SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS THAT ARE NOT YOUR OWN. Do not spam people. Seek good places on Facebook and make sure to add a link to a deep page on your site. (This MAY CHANGE over time)
13) Use Pinterest. But do not optimize Pinterest too well as Pinterest will rank above you. (This MAY CHANGE over time)
14) Seek out newspapers and university websites that might wish to speak about your projects or products. Get them to link to your home page from the name of the product not the site name.
15) Keep up to date with SEO NEWS as is presented on this made in Palo Alto blog (see top right).
16) Set canonical URLs for your pages.
17) Make your site MOBILE FRIENDLY. (This MAY CHANGE over time)
18) Check the loading time speed. (This MAY CHANGE over time)
19) Get your site into https.
20 Get a new web domain name. Find out more about this by typing on Google.com the search INTERNET DOMAINS and you will find my project indexed in the top 5.
SHOW PASSION. WORK. WORK MORE & RANK WELL! GOOGLE FEELS YOUR LOVE.
Feedback: Contact me.
** Unless otherwise stated on this page.